Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
TROUBLESHOOTING (Please read this carefully before you continue with your submission )
At the Metadata stage of your submission, if after entering "Title", "Abstract", "Authors", and "Keywords", and click"Save", if instead of submitting, the page continues to roll on and on, please do the following:
1. Refresh the page
2. Edit your abstract by changing words like "Selected", "Select", or "Selection", to any of the synonyms like enrolled, recruited, chose, chosen, etc.
3. After that, you then re-copy and past the edited abstract again and click "save"
If the problem persists, send a mail or your article to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Photo Quiz submission should present the findings of some relevant, interesting, and new observation pertinent to basic & clinical sciences in which a photograph is particularly useful in conveying important information and where the observation can serve as the basis for both a question and an answer.
The photograph may be of a micrograph, some other laboratory material, a clinical lesion, or the results of an imaging study.
A Photo Quiz should consist of two parts:
(i) A case presentation featuring a photograph depicting some unusual and/or informative finding.
(ii) An answer to the quiz. The case presentation and the answer must be submitted as two separate articles.
Photo Quiz case presentation.
Authors and affiliations should be listed below the title. The text in the Photo Quiz case presentation should be limited to 200 to 300 words. The header for the case presentation should read “Photo Quiz.”
Please include a photograph about (6.5 inches) wide and (4.625 inches) high. Since photos appearing with published Photo Quizzes appear on the cover of the journal, a high-resolution TIFF or EPS file is preferred.
A short legend for the photo must be provided, and the photo must be cited in the case presentation.
An answer to Photo Quiz. The text of the answer to the Photo Quiz should also be limited to 200 to 300 words. The header to the answer should read “Answer to Photo Quiz.” Four to six references may be cited at the end of the Photo Quiz answer.
Submission. The Photo Quiz case presentation should be submitted in the “Photo Quiz” manuscript category. The Photo Quiz answer should be submitted in the “Photo Quiz Answer” manuscript category.
Photo Quiz Answer
See Photo Quiz section policy for details.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.